My Big Fat Jerusalem Wedding

Saturday, March 16, 2013

By: Jason 

Don't try this at home... 
Someone call 911! I think there's a fire on the dance floor!
or at least make sure you have the fire department on standby. 

We were really lucky and privileged to have been able to attend my cousin Yisrael's wedding in Jerusalem after only being in Israel less than 2 months. For those who don't know, my cousins (most of them) are what are called Haredim or Ultra-Orthodox Jews. Their traditions are rich and the weddings are crazy, but a lot of fun! I was able to see most of my cousins (some for the first time ever) and spend time with my uncle Gary who thinks I'm going to solve the world's problems.  Despite some of the "issues" many Israelis have with the Haredim, they are extremely spiritual, warm, passionate and accepted us with open arms. I hope to see this part of my family again while we are here in Israel. 

The wedding was great! There was lots of dancing, drinking under the table (almost literally), and general mayhem. There are more photos and some video (starring the fire juggler) in our web album

Yisrael and Ariella before the ceremony.
Under the chuppah
Ruthi, Miriam, Gary, and Jason
Ariella's welcome to the reception
There was only one disappointing thing... no cake :(

No comments:

Post a Comment